- Focus on linked projects
- Introduced district service project, volunteering at butte humane society
- Adopt a family: donate gifts to a single mom with 6 month daughter.. Gift wrapping party provide for family over holidays, collaborate with CSF and key club
- Campus cleanups
- Pizza beats polio night for wildlife conservation society
- KLEAN: kids leading everyone against nicotine … write draft emails to town council to keep tobacco usage less… stricter rules… visit store, make it safe, so little kids dont see this in markets and not affected by this …. Pass rules to have license to pass tobacco
- Partnering with key club
- November 16th
- Meet once a month second thursday, officer meetings as well
- Collaborate with key club and CSF
- Coat drive, canned food drive, pennies for patients
- Making hygiene bags for local students
- Bake sale for students, candy cane grams
- High quality items for hygeine bag
- Last tuesday meeting for interact
- Meeting every other tuesday
- Officer meetings
- Last meeting was this tuesday, officer meetings every other week
- Getting ready for our biggest fundraiser
- Flamingos fundraiser… buy insurance to keep safe
- WCS money and money for kid with cancer
- Flyers to fill out forms with address and money to fill someones yard with flamingos
- Flamingo insurance buy from interact club, dont get flocked by anyone
- Advertising by flyers and school announcements
- Just finished big fundraiser
- Movie night with moana and wonderwoman… money goes toward next project for district service project
- Many community events
- In school events, meeting was on Wednesday, no officer meetings
- Just started sock drive
- Had a potluck meeting last Friday (12/1)
- Helped Redding West Rotary with a trail clean up
- Creating interest for Winter Retreat
Foothill High School is helping their local rotary club do a creek cleanup so the trail does not flood. On November 27th, they will be starting their annual sock drive and decorating boxes to fill with socks and donate to Goodwill. They will be putting the boxes into teachers’ classrooms and collecting them on December 15. They recently participated in the Meeks Fundraising Event as well. They helped Redding West Rotary buy dictionaries and put rotary stickers in them and then distributed them to 3rd graders.Their last meeting was on October 27th and their next meeting is November 9th, where they will get together to decorate boxes.
Foothill HS is going to be participating in a dictionary sticking event that puts labels about Rotary inside of the covers and hands them to local 3rd grades. They are going to be putting on a sick drive to collect socks and donated them to the Good News Rescue Mission. They are also planning on conducting fundraisers to help raise money to help a girl in Africa to continue her education.
Central Valley HS is putting on an event called Flamingo Flocking where people buy a flamingo to be put on someone’s yard and the person pays Interact to have them move it. It raised about $2000 in a previous year. The money, in the past, has gone to a police dog but this year they want half the money to go to a cancer patient and the other half to the Wildlife Conservation Society.
Pleasant Valley HS are planning on teaming up with Rotary and taking a kid on a Target shopping spree. They do this so they can help a kid get things they want, like toys, and things they need, clothes or supplies for school.
Chico, Paradise, and Pleasant Valley High School are going to have their first Interact Club meeting of the year on September 7, 2017. They are going to elect their Interact Club officers at that meeting as well. Inspire School of Arts and Sciences is going to have its first Interact Club meeting of the year on September 6, 2017 and will be electing its club officers at that meeting. Foothill and Enterprise High School just recently had their first Interact Club meeting of the year and had good turnouts! Foothill High School planned lots of volunteer opportunities and projects to help out their local Rotary Club.